by Dan Conboy
As Shopify Partners, we’ve been watching the development of Shopify Plus - their new enterprise eCommerce platform - really closely.
When we attended this year’s Shopify partner conference in San Francisco, Shopify announced a range of new, exciting features, exciting features which make Plus a real game changer for retailers who want the best of both worlds; the simplicity and ease of use of the Shopify platform, with the powerful customisations and resilience that you would expect from an enterprise eCommerce platform.
Magento has typically ruled the roost when it comes to meeting the needs of larger eCommerce stores, but now there’s a new option with Shopify Plus.
An Impressive Range of Features...
One of the key benefits is the speed of deployment as websites can be live within weeks and months, not months and years. There’s also a complete service provision as part of the monthly service subscription which provides access to an impressive range of features such as:
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth with Shopify’s amazing cloud hosting;
- Level 1 PCI DSS compliance - providing the highest level of security;
- Advanced API integration and increased API limits compared to standard Shopify plans;
- Better support for multi currency - Plus provides the option for up to three stores in native currencies as part of the subscription;
- No transaction fees - businesses are not penalised for growth;
- Ongoing account management - it’s not just a software licence but access to an expert commerce team who will help you to grow your business;
- 24/7 technical support from a dedicated Plus team;
- Fast deployment - weeks and months, rather than months and years;
- All the benefits of the standard Shopify platform, including advanced features such as social commerce, better mobile selling and sales channel integrations
Larger stores can focus on what they really want to do - grow their brand, customer base and sales - and less on the boring stuff like servers, bandwidth and PCI compliance. When we speak with larger brands, they often can’t focus on the marketing opportunities because in the past they’ve had to spend so much time looking into the platform’s technical requirements. They were worried about disk space, memory and downtime.
Shopify Plus empowers larger stores to get back to what they love doing - growing their business, their brand and looking after their customers.
And now - for Magento customers - there’s another reason to consider switching, as Shopify are currently offering eligible customers a free 6 month subscription and free data migration. It’s an amazing offer and one we think customers will love.
As Shopify Partners, if you’re a growing brand and want to leverage the power of Shopify Plus in your business, it’d be great to talk to you.