Dan Conboy: Welcome & Unite Conference Roundup
after we had negative experiences with agencies. Slowly, more and more external companies also needed our help and then Statement, the agency, was born. After separating from the lighting company a few years ago, we now work with a childrenswear brands to a national retailer of health supplements local sports team a hot water cylinder manufacturer.
- Online Store Editor - now it’s much easier for retailers to edit and make design changes to the layout of their online stores.
- Shopify Scripts - a more efficient way for retailers to make pricing rules
- More Sales Channels - more integration of marketplaces like Amazon but also allowing retailers to sell on Facebook and Twitter and managing these in one central place.
- More Focus on Mobile - Shopify are making it easier for retailers to offer more mobile-first experiences.
Ben Prince: Personalisation, What Is It and Why Should I Do It?
Ben mentioned Amazon as a company who uses personalisation and many attendees were familiar with this and said they’d seen use of it. Did you know that 30% of Amazon’s sales come from personalisation and recommended products?
@BuntingPro #shopifyMeetupNorth 30% of @amazon sales are via recommendations , #Ecommerce
— Spencer Hudson (@spencerhudson) May 25, 2016
Nicole Szekeres: Growing a Business Using Shopify
and shared her start-up story with us - right from the simple idea of Fusion Bags to the excitement of her first sale.
Great to hear real stories from founder @fusiongigbags #ShopifyMeetupNorth https://t.co/ZmMQIKkPu3
— Amanda Evans (@evansamanda) May 25, 2016
They began their journey by attending three major trade shows: Music China in Shanghai, NAMM Show in California and Musikmesse in Frankfurt. They managed to sign some crucial distributor contracts right before the recession and whilst they did see setbacks and the shut down of smaller retailers during this time, they managed to stay in business because of smart strategies and quickly learning from their mistakes. They made the decision to have more of a focus on selling directly to customers and so they launched their online store and began their Shopify presence.
Thank you for coming!
- so do keep your eyes out for more information on this! If you’d like to be updated, please sign up to our newsletter where we will announce the next event along with keeping you informed on eCommerce news and insights.