Monday 2nd December 2019
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager / Director
Statement is one of the UK’s leading eCommerce agencies specialising in the Shopify Plus platform. We work with amazing brands across the world to help them to create eCommerce websites that not only look good but sell more.
Statement are part of the IDHL Group, one of the UK’s largest full-service digital agencies and home to Ingenuity Digital, NetConstruct, WMG, Equation and Pinpoint. With around 200 members of staff, IDHL are an ambitious and rapidly expanding group with offices in Harrogate, Leeds, Manchester and London.
We are on the lookout for a talented and self-motivated Business Development Manager / Director to join our team, working to find new opportunities as well as handling inbound leads and enquiries for eCommerce stores and other services.
The role will involve pitching clients, attending networking events, building proposals and nurturing leads to tell them about the services we offer. As an agency, we have grown quickly over the past few years and are looking for an individual who can shape the future of our sales operation.
You will work closely with our Managing Director, along with our Client Services team in order to provide handovers to new clients and ensure they transition well into the agency. As a web development agency who are passionate about eCommerce, we are looking for the successful candidate to have a strong desire to sell a technical solution and understand the product.
We are currently a team of 20 who enjoy working closely together to build the best solutions for our clients. Whilst the role requires a strong level of independence, we are looking for a team player who we feel will match our agencies culture.
We're looking for:
- We are looking for someone who is as passionate, hard-working and has determination to succeed and hit targets
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and a desire to learn the platform and understand its complexities
- Have meticulous attention to detail to ensure proposals are produced to a consistently high standard
- Have excellent communication skills and a friendly demeanour with the ability to communicate effectively and create rapport with both clients and colleagues
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying potential sales opportunities which meet criteria
- Handling pre-qualified leads and making introductory calls to gather leads
- Face to face client meetings
- Answering client queries and providing relevant information to ensure the company’s maximum sales potential is realised
- Maintaining a full understanding of company processes, policies, guidelines and contractual obligations and ensuring these are consistently followed
- Keeping up to date with industry and company trends and developments
- Attending regular networking events, getting involved in the industry and regular meetings with our technology partners
- Working closely with our partnership manager at Shopify in order to maintain a great relationship
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensuring monthly sales targets are met
- Growing and maintaining a strong sales pipeline
- Negotiation and closure of new business opportunities
Skills we’d love you to have
- Prior experience working with Shopify Plus
- Prior experience working with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Hybris and other large-scale Enterprise eCommerce Platforms
- Have a passion for Internet and Digital Marketing, an understanding of web technologies and knowledge of the website development lifecycle is desirable
- Be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint proficiently
- A full UK driving license (mandatory)
Training and Progression
We believe in investing in our employees, working with leading training providers and professional bodies to expand your skill set, with regular workshops, lunch and learns, as well as tailored Personal Development Plans created to support your career aspirations.
The diverse range of specialisms across our business provide plentiful opportunities to get a taste for new areas within digital marketing and broaden your experience.
Time will also be given to research and investigate new technologies as part of this role.
Employee well-being is high on our agenda, and we pride ourselves on the range of benefits we’re able to provide and want to ensure our staff are satisfied.
A performance bonus rewards effort, whilst our quarterly company awards recognise individual achievements. To keep those creative juices flowing we provide free fruit and refreshments, and we always look forward to the monthly free sandwich Friday.
We’re a social bunch too, with regular company events to look forward to such as the race, picnics and the always much anticipated Christmas party. Not only that, but we genuinely like each other too, it’s not just a work thing! You’ll often find our employees out and about together, with many making some great friends in their colleagues.
Thinking of your future, we operate a Company Pension Scheme, that, like a fine wine, improves over time, rewarding your loyalty over the years. We even offer a private health plan to make sure you’re well looked after.
Polite note to recruitment agencies
We’re not working with agencies on this job role so please don’t get in touch. Thanks!