Monday 6th July 2020
We’re looking for a Business Development Executive
At Statement, we pride ourselves on being the forward-thinking agency of choice for leading brands. Our strategic approach is centred around our ‘eCommerce with Experience’ philosophy. It’s our mission to work with clients to create online retail experiences that inform, delight and inspire their customers, wherever they are in the world and however they engage. As a specialist Shopify Plus Partner, our experience covers a variety of industries including clients such as Hotel Chocolat, Taylors of Harrogate, NEOM, Sacla, Lights4Fun and many more.
We deliver great results through world-class people, process and over 20 years of retail experience. Our highly qualified team provide ongoing support from design and functionality through to marketing, personalisation and optimisation. Statement are an IDHL Connected Agency, proud to be one of the award-winning specialists that form this growing group. We’re on the lookout to build upon our team of experts further, join us on our exciting journey.
About the role
We are currently looking for dynamic and results orientated Business Development Executive. It is an exciting and varied role, one that affords plenty of opportunity for growth across the IDHL Group. The role will be predominately generating new business and selling eCommerce websites built on the Shopify platform across a range of key target sectors.
Duties will include:
- Prospecting and growing sales pipeline, handling pre-qualified leads and making cold calls to gather leads and close sales.
- Seeking out new clients and new sales opportunities.
- Initiating action plans to approach and secure new business. (creating target lists by sector).
- Negotiation and closure of new business opportunities.
- Answering client queries and providing relevant information to ensure the companies maximum sales potential is realised.
- Updating all information internal systems.
- Keeping up to date with industry and company trends and developments.
We are looking for someone with boundless energy and enthusiasm as well as steely determination to succeed. You will need to hit the ground running! This role has huge opportunity with the potential for career development in a rapidly growing business with ambitious plans for the future.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have experience in B2B sales.
- Ideally have ecommerce website sales experience.
- Ideally agency experience but not essential.
- Have an excellent and demonstrable sales record.
- Be commercially aware with an ability to maximize opportunities.
- Have strong communication and negotiation skills and will be articulate with a high standard of written English and presentation skills.
- Have an ability to manage workload and priorities.
- Be motivational and inspire trust, confidence, and enthusiasm.
- Be polished, professional, and sophisticated.
- Have the maturity and gravitas to deal with and influence senior decision makers.
What we will offer you
Training and progression
We believe in investing in our employees, working with leading training providers and professional bodies to expand your skillset, with regular workshops, lunch and learns, as well as tailored Personal Development Plans created to support your career aspirations.
The diverse range of specialisms across our business provide plentiful opportunities to get a taste for new areas within digital marketing and broaden your experience.
With the nature of our business ever evolving, time will also be given to research and investigate new technologies to ensure we maintain up to date knowledge of the industry.
Employee well-being is high on our agenda, and we pride ourselves on the range of benefits we’re able to provide and want to ensure our staff are satisfied.
A performance bonus rewards effort, whilst our quarterly company awards recognise individual achievements. To keep those creative juices flowing we provide free fruit and refreshments, and we always look forward to the monthly free sandwich Friday.
We’re a social bunch too, with regular company events to look forward to such as the races, picnics and the always much anticipated Christmas party. Not only that, but we genuinely like each other too, it’s not just a work thing! You’ll often find our employees out and about together, with many making some great friends in their colleagues.
Thinking of your future, we operate a Company Pension Scheme, that, like a fine wine, improves over time, rewarding your loyalty over the years. We even offer a private health plan to make sure you’re well looked after.